Sunday, 15 January 2012

OMG! So much dust!

Hello?! Anyone there?

I didn't realise I hadn't blogged since August! Why did nobody tell me?

Admittedly I'm not crafting as much as I'd like to. I work until 6pm everyday and when I come home I just flump on the sofa. Weekends are mostly devoted to household chores.

Work is good though. I've been promoted and as a result I'm following there move to a town 40km away. I had to buy a car which we got on Friday, on my birthday. The car acquisition went fine but I'm not yet allowed to drive it as I'm not insured with my French driving license. I've requested my Dutch one but it can take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. I really hope it arrives sooner than 3 weeks. The work move is in 2 weeks!

On to the crafty side of life. The cotton scarf based on the Lacy Baktus is still on the needles and hasn't seen the life of day for a while.

I have a pair of Ampersand socks which I don't think I've showed you all. I'm on the gusset of the second sock.

IMG_8832.jpg

The only other things on the needles is a Swallowtail shawl in Malabrigo Silky Merino in the Feather Teal colourway that I started just before Christmas. It'll be a gift for my mother-in-law whenever it's ready.

IMG_8857.JPG

I have a new nephew arriving in February and I'm planning a quilt for him. I've never quilted. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing but I'll give it a go for sure. It's not going to be ready for when the baby arrives because I haven't started it. As a little present in the meantime I'm making a couple a tag blankets for him and his big brother. Here is the first one I made this afternoon.

IMG_8852.jpg

I saw something similar in the shops for close to 20 euro so I decided to make my own. A couple of cheap towels, some fabric from the stash (this one is from Ikea) and some ribbons and done!

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

I will try to be better again at blogging. I wish all of you had a good start to the new year.

1 comment:

an muti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.