Monday, 20 June 2011

Let's play catch up!

I have been a really bag blogger lately. I'm finding it harder and harder to combine studying Dutch, working and taking care of the household. Luckily the studying is almost finished so then I'll only have work and home to juggle and that should me manageable.

I did finish some knitting recently and I'm counting then towards the Knit Girllls' Stash Dash. (You have to knit 5k until mid-August or so.) I'm well on my way for that.

The first project to count was a little Panda bear for a friend. I didn't have a panda pattern so I adapted Otto by Ysolda Teague. I'm still not convinced that it looks like a panda but my friend loves it and that's what counts>

IMG_8730.jpg

The second project is the Commission Hidcote Garden Shawl. It is beautiful and ginormous! It's 200cm across and 123cm down the spine. I just need to pack it up and send it to its new owner. It was a real pleasure to knit it.

IMG_8735.JPG

The final project I've completed is my Citron. That thing had been on my needles for 5 months and it was sucking the life out of me! I had intended to add more sections but I finally decided against it. I finished the edging (2 rows short) and barely started the second ball. It looks lovely but I don't want to even have to knit another one of those! It is not blocked and I don't intend to block it.

IMG_8750.jpg

The next project that'll be on my needles is going to be a Crown Prince Square Shawl as a wedding present for a friend.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love the Otto-panda! :-) Glad to see you're still about. xxx

Thenutmeg2000 said...

I love your Citron! I also felt it sucked the life out of me when I knit one. I work in a knitting store and ladies kept touching it making me nervous so I took it home. Shame on me. Lovely color.